Sunday, August 3, 2008

His Grace is Sufficient

Today at my church we were blessed and encouraged by our guest speaker, Pastor Craig Harris, who brought us a very convicting yet encouraging message. I was reminded of the absolute sufficiency of the grace of God, especially as he read this quote from Charles Suprgeon.


"MY grace is sufficient for THEE. ‘Why,’ I said to myself, ‘I should think it is!’ and I burst out laughing. It seemed to make unbelief so absurd. It was as though some little fish, being very thirsty, was troubled about drinking the river dry; and Father Thames said: ‘Drink away, little fish, my stream is sufficient for thee!’ Or as if a little mouse in the granaries of Egypt, after seven years of plenty, feared lest it should die of famine, and Joseph said, ‘Cheer up, little mouse, my granaries are sufficient for thee!’ Again, I imagined a man away up yonder on the mountain saying to himself, ‘I fear I shall exhaust all the oxygen in the atmosphere.’ But the earth cries: ‘Breathe away, O man, and fill thy lungs; my atmosphere is sufficient for thee!’”


In other words, we never need to fear that we have or will somehow exhaust the storehouses of God's grace. We can never drain the oceans of His mercy. We can never empty the storehouses of His blessing. We never need to fear our own weaknesses and failures, our situations, or our surroundings.

Why?

Because His grace is sufficient.
Let us cling to it.

No comments: